The following is a legally binding contract between visitors and users of this site and Easy Law, Inc., doing business as Easy Law Construction Notices, and EasyLawInc.com. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, or find any of them to be unacceptable, simply leave the website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THIS SITE
1. The information contained in this site is educational in nature designed to provide general information regarding the construction law statutes of various states as they relate to construction notices such as Pre-Lien notices, Mechanics' Liens, Stop Notices, Miller Act Notices, Bond Claims, and Collection Letters.
2. For specific information regarding your particular legal issue, contact an experienced construction law attorney in your area.
3. Please note that Easy Law makes every reasonable effort verify the accuracy of the information contained in this site, however, laws sometimes change on a daily basis, therefore the only way you can assure that you are applying the correct law to your particular situation is through the advice of an experienced construction law attorney in your area.
4. All users of this site agree to hold Easy Law, its officers, agents, and employees harmless for any and all claims resulting from any loss, damage or injury, of any and every nature, whatsoever, including special or consequential damages, including attorneys' and/or expert's fees by, resulting from, or in any way connected with the information contained in this site, and/or the preparation, service and/or recording of Pre-Lien notices, Mechanics' Liens, Stop Notices, Bond Claims, Miller Act Notices, other related construction notices, and any other services rendered by Easy Law. Any legal action against Easy Law must be filed in Ventura Superior Court in Ventura County, in the State of California to be decided in accordance with California State law. I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue within the State of California for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Website, Content, Information, and/or Easy Law Inc.'s services. The maximum amount for which Easy Law will be liable for damages of any kind, including, but not limited to damages for breach of contract, fraud and/or negligence is $25.00.
5. Easy Law provides its services and information with the understanding that it is not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. For such assistance, the services of a competent licensed professional should be sought.
6. Express Service:
Easy Law's standard processing time to prepare and submit a mechanics' lien, stop notice or bond claim to its client for review and approval is five business days. Express Service shortens that time frame to three business days. Express Service includes expedited delivery and/or recording so that your document will be delivered or recorded within five business days of client approval of the draft.
7. Express Recording Service:
Easy Law's standard recording practice is to send liens for recording via express mail which may take up to three business days for delivery. Documents received by mail are often not recorded for several days after receipt by the recording agency. Easy Law's Express Recording Service expedites the recording of your document so that it is delivered and recorded within five business days of the approval of the draft lien.
8. Pre-Lien Notices
(1) Cancellation of a Pre-Lien notice once submitted to Easy Law whether faxed or online is $15.
(2) Cancellation of an express Pre-Lien notice is $30.
(3) Cancellations are not applicable once the Pre-Lien notice has mailed.
9. Collection Service Requests
(1) Cancellation of a Collection Service once submitted to Easy Law whether faxed or online will be 50% of the fee.
(2) Cancellation of an express Collection Service will be $235.
(3) Cancellations are not applicable once a draft of the Collection Service has been faxed.
(4) There will be a $15 processing fee to refund the credit card.
A confirming fax is sent for all cancellations.
RETURNED PRE-LIEN NOTICES - REPRINT POLICY
10. Pre-Lien notices are returned by the USPS for a number of reasons, many of which do not invalidate the legal effectiveness of the notice. Whether or not the notice is legally valid as delivered, if you have not been paid we recommend sending returned notices again to an alternative address, or, in the case of unclaimed or refused deliveries, by first class mail.
Why Notices are Returned:
Unclaimed. One or more addressees did not sign the certified mail receipt acknowledging receipt of the mail.
Refused. One or more of the addressees refused to sign the certified mail receipt.
No mail receptacle. The mailing address listed does not have a mail box.
Invalid address. This happens when the USPS cannot locate the address indicated on the notice.
No forwarding address. Addressee moved without a forwarding address, or the forwarding address has expired.
Lack of postage. Insufficient postage was used on the mail.
Mail was damaged. USPS cannot deliver because the mail was damaged.
11. Easy Law's Policy for Returned Pre-Lien Notices When a notice is returned to our office by the USPS we determine why the notice was returned and if the notice was returned because of our error, we correct the error and re-mail the notice via certified mail at no charge. If the notice was correctly addressed but is returned by the USPS we provide our clients with written notice and the option to have a copy of the original notice along with a letter of explanation mailed to the original addressee(s) via first class mail. Please see our price list to determine the charge for this service.
12. Check Delivery Status Online Go to www.easylawinc.com and log on to your account for a direct link to the USPS to determine the delivery status for your notice.
13. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any judicial, or administrative hearing based upon this agreement.
MAIL ONLY DISCOUNT PRE-LIEN NOTICES
14. This is a discount service which should not be used unless you are certain that the information you submit with your request is accurate. The price is reduced for this service because Easy Law will not verify the information submitted to confirm its accuracy. See our Price List for additional information and prices.
MAIL FORWARDING SERVICE
15. Easy Law’s practice is to forward to its client any written response it receives regarding the notices it prepares on the client’s behalf. Examples of the most common written responses Easy Law receives are:
(1) Letters from attorneys generally containing some kind of complaint regarding the services provided by Easy Law’s client;
(2) Notices of Default which are mailed to Easy Law in response to the recording of a lien to notify the lien claimant that a borrower is in default on its loan and that the lender may foreclose on the loan; and
(3) Letters from disgruntled customers of Easy Law’s clients complaining about the services provided by Easy Law’s customer.
Easy Law will forward the written communications it receives regarding a client’s notice to the client via mail, fax or email. The charge for the mail forwarding service is $45.00 per item plus postage, UPS, or Federal Express charges. When possible the item will be forwarded via email. Once the material is forwarded it will be discarded.